About the faculty
The faculty of Political and Social Sciences of Petrozavodsk State University provides training on tiered higher education system Bachelor’s Degree – Master’s Degree – Postgraduate studies. The Faculty was founded on September 1, 2001.
- Chair of Political Science and International Relations
- Chair of Social Work
- Chair of Social Science
Bachelor’s Degree (4 years). Specializations:
- 41.03.04 – Political Science
(qualification – Bachelor of Political Science (academic bachelor);
- 41.06.05 – International Relations
(qualification – Bachelor of International Relations (academic bachelor);
- 39.03.01 – Sociology
(qualification – Bachelor of Social Science (academic bachelor);
- 39.03.02 – Social Work
(qualification – Bachelor of Social Work (academic bachelor).
Master’s Degree (period of study – 2 years):
- “Security in Northern Europe in the XXI Century”
(specialization 031900.68 – International Relations, Chair of Political Science and international Relations);
- “Organization and Management in Social Work”
(specialization 040400.68 – Social Work, Chair of Social work);
- “Economic Sociology”
(specialization 040100.68 – Social Science).
Postgraduate Studies. Specialty training in:
- 23.00.01 – Theory and Philosophy of Politics, History and Methodology of Political Science;
- 23.00.04 – Political Problems of International Relations, Global and Regional Development.
Postgraduate specialty training is carried out under the Chair of Political Science and International Relations under the guidance of professor, Doctor of Political Science, Honorary Doctor of PetrSU V.A. Achkasov (SPbSU) and professor, Doctor of Political Science, Honorary Doctor of PetrSU S.A. Lantsov (SPbSU).