Full Degree Programs
Note! Admission-2019 is over.
The new admission period for online-applications will start in 2020.
Follow the news and updates!
If you have decided to study at Petrozavodsk State University, there are a few steps to follow:
2. Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note! Admission of the visa invitation applications for 2019-20 academic year is OVER.
The list of documents for a visa invitation:
- A legible clear high-quality scan or photo of your international passport
- A legible clear high-quality scan or photo of your School Leaving Certificate (for Bachelor’s and Specialist’s programs) or Higher Education Diploma (for Master’s programs)
- A filled out application form
Note! We need these documents in order to issue an official invitation to enter the Russian Federation necessary for your student visa. Please check the migration rules and requirements before submitting the documents.
3. Get and check all the necessary documents, come to Petrozavodsk and take two entrance examinations.
The first one is the Russian language and the second one will depend on your future field of studies. All the exams are listed with the study programs.
The enrollment campaign for full-degree programs is held at our university in July and in September (the deadlines and timetable will be published in summer).
Autumn entrance exams for foreign applicants will be taking place from 20.09.2019 till 30.09.2019.
*We strongly recommed you to come to Petrozavodsk 2 - 3 days beforehand in order to complete all the formalities and to settle in the dormitory (if necessary).
Note! The originals of all the necessary documents should be submitted to the Admission board by the applicant personally.
The list of documents for application to the International Admission Board:
- An international passport.
- A notarized Russian translation of the passport.
- The original of the document confirming your previous education with all the academic transcripts.
- For Bachelor’s and Specialist’s programs you need a School Leaving Certificate;
- For Master’s programs you need a Bachelor’s or a Specialist’s Diploma.
- A notarized Russian translation of the document confirming your previous education (including the academic transcripts).
The translation can be done in Petrozavodsk at PetrSU Translation service (Academic building №1, Anokhina str., 20, room 412) or at the Translation Bureau (Anokhina str., 45)
- Six black-and-white matte official photos sized 3x4 cm
Note! For several programs you will also need a 086-y medical certificate issued in Russia (can be issued in Petrozavodsk). This is the list of programs demanding the medical certificate:
- General Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Mining Engineering
- Teacher Education (all the specializations)
- Psychology and Teacher Education
- Agriculture Engineering
- Heat and Power Engineering
- Electrical Power and Electrical Technology
- Operation of Technological and Transport Machines and Systems
Note! According to the Russian law, the documents issued in another country can be officially used only with legalization. This is a formal procedure for giving the document validity in a foreign country. Certificates and diplomas issued by different countries demand different types of legalization. You may check the requirements for your country here (in Russian only) or you may consult us email@example.com
Note! Education obtained in some foreign countries need the procedure of recognition. It means that your level of education is officially confirmed in the Russian Federation and gives you the right to continue your education in Russia. The necessity of this procedure for your country can be checked here (in Russian only) or you may consult us firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions how to get the recognition of foreign education
3. Pay a tuition fee.
- A tuition fee at PetrSU is paid upon enrollment of a foreign student.
- You may pay by a credit card at the Cashier’s office (Main academic building, room 112) or via a bank-account transfer.
- The amount to be paid will be written in your contract. You may pay the tuition fee either in full or in installments (one half by the 1st of October and the other half by the 1st of February).
4. Become a member of PetrSU students’ community!