Botanical Garden


The Botanical Garden of PetrSU was established in 1951, and through the years it has collected various species of plants from the North of Russia and the neighbouring areas and has become a popular place among students, citizens and tourists.

It stands amidst coniferous forests on the southern slopes of the surviving volcano on the northern bank of the Petrozavodsk bay of the Onega Lake. Located near the northern borders of areas natural for many tree species, it represents a sort of a link between St. Petersburg and Polar-Alpine Botanical Gardens.

Share:
Last updated : 06.03.2019