Web Services of PetrSU
Electronic resources of PetrSU are an invaluable help to prospective students, students, and teachers of all institutes of the university. They provide information about activities of the university, access to literature for course papers and research articles, scholarships and grants offered at the university, etc.
The electronic resources, over 150 sites, are supported and developed by the Regional Center for New Information Technologies.
Let’s take a look at the top 8 sites actively used in the administrative, educational and scientific process of PetrSU.
1. Official site of PetrSU (petrsu.ru). The new version of the site was developed in 2015 and is continuously updated. This resource is designed for prospective students, students, and teachers. There you can learn the latest news, see the schedule and learn about the services offered at the university.
2. Educational portal (edu.petrsu.ru) is the main platform for educational resources developed at the university. It provides access to various resources that will come in useful in writing research papers, course projects, theses or scientific articles.
3. Students portfolio (portfolio.petrsu.ru). The resource was developed in 2017. It is one of the main resources for students as it allows them compiling their portfolios and monitoring their personal achievements.
4. Electronic Library (elibrary.karelia.ru). The electronic library is a large base of documents, monographs, scientific papers, and textbooks with a convenient search engine. The e-library is available from any place with access to the Internet.
5. Electronic Reading Hall (books.petrsu.ru). The resource was developed only recently in 2018. The Scientific Library of PetrSU is responsible for the content and support of the resource. Visitors of the site can read documents like books, which are free for students and can be opened on any device.
6. Student Scientific Conference (conf.petrsu.ru) is a site that provides information support to the students’ conference. There everyone can see reports of the students who participate in the conference, as well as find all relevant information (dates, names of participants and winners).
7. Scientific electronic journals (petrsu.ru/page/science/journals) is an actual library of scientific papers in different areas. Currently, there are 10 such journals. All of them are topical and focus on different institutes. The journals are intended for teachers and students, as well as everyone interested in science.
8. Recourses of web-laboratory (philology.petrsu.ru). This resource is mostly designed for the Institute of Philology. There, students can find texts of Russian classics studied at universities and schools. The resource also provides new tools for the philological analysis of a text.
Web-services of PetrSU are continuously developed. We modernize the existing and create new resources. For instance, this year we developed the first version of the mobile app of Petrozavodsk State University. It is available for Android and iOS in AppStore and GooglePlay. The app provides access to university news and contacts of the employees.
The article was prepared in the framework of the project “Media Volunteers of PetrSU” implemented with the support of the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs.