The Rural School Teaching Laboratory of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology of PetrSU Participated in the International Online Internship
Participants of the Rural School Teaching Laboratory of the Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology of PetrSU joined the international online internship "Primary School in the 21st Century. World Practices" at the International Internship and Educational Program Center on the SKLAD educational platform.
The purpose of the internship is a comparative analysis of the international primary education practices of foreign countries in developing competencies in the 21st century and their integration into the educational activities of a primary education teacher.
During the online internship participants:
· got acquainted with the American experience of blended learning technology applied in education;
· got acquainted with the methods of teaching 21st century competencies in primary school derived from the experience of Singapore, South Korea, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Estonia, Latvia and Russia;
· learnt how to develop and assess new competencies based on the content of a discipline;
· considered relevant problems and aspects of the development of a contemporary primary school: metadisciplinary skills, developing functional literacy, preparing children for secondary school, innovative approaches to the educational process organization, developing junior pupils’ interest in reading and writing;
· attended open lessons in primary school given by teachers from Russia and Estonia.