The International Project between the Institute of History, Political and Social Sciences of PetrSU and the University of Tübingen
On March 2 2021, the Institute of History, Political and Social Sciences of Petrozavodsk State University jointly with the Institute of Political Science of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences of the Eberhard Karl University (Tübingen, Germany) launched the international interdisciplinary project supported by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under the program Ost-West-Dialog 2021.
Dr. R. Frankenberger is a manager of the project UNICSOC - UNIVERSITIES, CIVIL SOCIETY, PUBLIC WELLBEING AND CRISIS (Institute of Political Science of the University of Tübingen).
For PertSU, Elena Chernenkova, Associate Professor of the Department of World History, Political Science and International Relations, is a project coordinator.
The seminar is aimed to study and make comparative analysis of the role of local authorities and administration, NGO and universities in ensuring local welfare under today’s circumstances by the cases of twin cities. Within the interdisciplinary project PetrSU students under the guidance of teaching staff will get an opportunity to:
· update their knowledge of methods and techniques of carrying out empirical research;
· deepen their knowledge of issues relating to the local authorities, social politics, civil society on joint classes with students from the University of Tübingen;
· carry out own research on impacts of pandemics on everyday life, social sphere, the process of pursuing social policy in twin cities of Petrozavodsk and Tübingen;
· develop skills in intercultural and international cooperation.
The project team was established in February 2021. It consists of 11 students of the Institute of History, Political and Social Sciences at programs «Political Science», «International Relation», «Social work», «History of Northern European Countries».
On behalf of PetrSU, advisory support and training will be provided by:
· Elena Chernenkova, Associate Professor of the Department of World History, Political Science and International Relations;
· Elena Tsumarova, Associate Professor of the Department of World History, Political Science and International Relations of PetrSU (associative), Associate Professor of the Faculty of International Relations and Political Studies, Department of Comparative Political Studies of North-West Institute of Management branch of RANEPA;
· Yulia Petrovskaya, Associate Professor of the Department of Social Science and Social work;
· Irina Petukhova, a Senior Lecturer of the Department of of Social Science and Social work;
· Denis Sachuk, a Senior Lecturer of the Department of of Social Science and Social work.
Advisory support to students in their research will be also provided by Dmitry Kislov and Natalia Lavrushina, representatives of expert community.
Training sessions by teachers of PertSU on methodology and methods of studies are expected at the first phase of implementation of the project.
On March 2, the first training session on "The Research Design. Research Object and Subject" was held by Elena Tsumarova and Dmitry Kislov.
The following sessions are scheduled for March and the first half of April. The participants will consider the characteristics of carrying out the empirical research, methods of analysis of the document and interviewing.
In April and June, the participants will attend the training sessions jointly with students of the University of Tübingen. The sessions will be given by German and Russian teachers.
Simultaneously, from April till September students will make independent case-study with scientific assistance of the teachers as participants of the project.
The project will be finished with a closing event involving students of PetrSU and the University of Tübingen, which is scheduled for joint work in both sides project teams, public presentation of the outcomes of the project. The format for the school will depend on epidemiological situation.